Chief Specialist Budgeting and Controlling
CANPACK Group has been operating in the metal packaging market for over 25 years. During this period, the company has become a leading manufacturer in the beverage packaging industry in Central and Eastern Europe, constantly strengthening its market position in Western Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. CANPACK Group operates 25 plants and presently employs over 6,500 people worldwide with its annual sales that exceed $ 1.7 billion.
CANPACK considers the people - our dedicated, experienced and highly skilled employees - as the greatest asset to the company. This is why we strive to recognize the needs of our employees to ensure that they are happy not only in their role but especially in their work environment. We are determined to offer our employees the best opportunities to develop and progress especially by participation in international projects. We make every effort so that our employees feel part of our organization and its success.
For our Headquarters in Krakow we are currently looking for:
Chief Specialist Budgeting and Controlling
Key tasks and responsibilities
Chief Specialist Budgeting and Controlling will join a highly motivated and dynamic Group Business Controlling Department, will collaborate with other professionals to provide high quality decision support and insight to senior leadership. This work is used to steer CANPACK Group strategy, capital allocation and operating improvements.
You will act as a finance professional that serves as a business partner to key business leaders and assist in providing critical thinking on business direction, operating performance and financial results.
Your main activities are as follow:
- Budgeting and forecasting for operating expenses, with periodic variance analysis,
- Financial controlling of current budget usage and final cost forecast of investment projects,
- Cashflow projections for capital projects at the group level,
- Direct cooperation with budget owners – directors of departments and project managers,
- Deliver monthly and quarterly performance reporting for respective business (CapEx and OpEx,), adding insight, financial analysis and commentary,
- Respond to requests from Finance and Senior Leadership to answer specific ad hoc financial questions and provide insightful information to advance leadership discussion and decision making,
- Support the design and delivery of ad hoc financial analysis. Ability to model projections, identify trends and issues that need to be analyzed and understood,
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders, to deepen team's understanding of underlying issues within the plan,
- Take ownership for quality of data and analysis with specific regional focus,
- Support and assist the business in improving their insights into business performance,
- Participation in continuous improvement initiatives regarding processes, procedures and systems.
- University degree in a finance related discipline,
- Around 3-5 years of relevant experience,
- Experience as a lead of small team will be an asset,
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility,
- Excellent communication skills, clarity of thought and ability to translate complex raw data into simple, powerful and easy to communicate key messages,
- Strong analytical and numerical skills,
- Hands-on attitude and continuous improvement mindset,
- Fluent English and Polish,
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of MS Excel,
- Knowledge of SAP system will be an advantage,
- Professional qualifications and/or certifications are welcomed.
- Chance to work for a successful, internationally growing company with its Global HQ in Cracow,
- Proximity to the Business, with real impact on company’s performance and growth,
- Opportunities to grow professionally and personally through a variety of interesting projects and initiatives,
- Friendly People and challenging work environment,
- Career Development Opportunities locally and across the globe,
- Attractive salary and annul performance bonus, with private medical care, pension & insurance plan.
To apply for this position, please send your application (CV) in English using the apply button.
Please kindly note we will contact only selected candidates.