CANPACK Group is a global manufacturer of environmentally friendly, modern packaging solutions, supplying top quality primary packaging, on time and wherever needed. The company, headquartered in Krakow (Poland), runs operations in 19 countries and employs nearly 8,000 people worldwide in 29 production sites for aluminum beverage cans, glass bottles, metal closures and containers for food and chemical industries. For 30 years the company has been consequently developing its business to become one of the leading global players on the international packaging market.
With sustainability and corporate social responsibility being an important part of the Group’s DNA, CANPACK actively supports initiatives dedicated to environmental protection and local communities.
This position involves shift work and offers a pay rate commensurate with experience. The Company operates a pension scheme and a generous bonus scheme of 10% of your quarterly earnings. Additional to basic, shift allowance is £1.50 per hour (inc in salary), overtime is paid at time and a half and above statutory holiday. Working on a rotating shift pattern 8am-8pm, 8pm-8am.
A vacancy has arisen for a Shift Electrician, working on the rotating 12-hour shift pattern.
The duties of this post include:
- Diagnosis and repair of broken-down machinery
- Keeping track of all Electrical motor repairs and specifications
- Servicing of electric motors as well as periodic greasing and inspection.
- Identification and renovation of damaged sub-assemblies and parts.
- Performing installation works of new equipment.
- Performing servicing and overhauling of production equipment’s electrical systems
- Performing maintenance of lighting fittings and keeping records on their condition
- Performing improvements on the production lines
- Keeping provided tools and equipment in good condition.
- Co-operating with technical and production departments.
- Keeping technical documentation up to date, electrical schematics, parts information etc.
- Assisting in the training of CPUK employees and where applicable persons external to CPUK i.e. Agency workers and/or contractors
- Participate in implementation of WCM practices or other CPUK systems