A PRODUCTION MANAGER is required to join the operations management team with responsibility for the production department.
The duties of this post include:
- Managing the department to ensure correct and safe operation of production lines and ancillary equipment.
- Manufacturing good quality cans in accordance with product specifications as detailed in production plans.
- Supervising the processes concerning general production waste and metal scrap
- Jointly responsible with warehouse manager for accuracy of raw material and finished goods movements.
- Jointly responsible with maintenance manager for control of spare parts / tool movements and line maintenance.
- Active participation in the production planning process, co-operating with sales, lithography and Procurement/Logistics departments.
- Working with other managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- Management of subordinates in terms of supervision, performance and appraisal
- Measuring shift performance
- Reviewing the performance of subordinates
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong Health & Safety awareness, IOSH Managing Safely qualification desirable
- Degree level qualification or equivalent desirable
- Awareness of lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience in a management position; either similar level or supervisory experience
- Experience in FMCG sector; proven track record
- Extensive knowledge of production processes
- Very good knowledge of English language
Competitive salary, attracting bonus scheme, corporate pension
Anyone wishing to apply for this post must submit a copy of their CV plus a covering letter to HR department recruitmentCPUK@can-pack.co.uk by 22/11/2018.