CANPACK Group has been operating in the metal packaging market for over 25 years. During this period, the company has become a leading manufacturer in the beverage packaging industry in Central and Eastern Europe, constantly strengthening its market position in Western Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. CANPACK Group operates 25 plants and presently employs over 6,500 people worldwide with its annual sales that exceed $ 1.7 billion.
CANPACK considers the people - our dedicated, experienced and highly skilled employees - as the greatest asset to the company. This is why we strive to recognize the needs of our employees to ensure that they are happy not only in their role but especially in their work environment. We are determined to offer our employees the best opportunities to develop and progress especially by participation in international projects. We make every effort so that our employees feel part of our organization and its success.
For our Headquarters in Krakow we are currently looking for:
CHIEF ENERGY SPECIALIST
Chief Energy Specialist will join the highly motivated and dynamic Group Procurement Department and will drive the Energy Efficiency procurement sourcing strategy to develop cost-saving synergies, implement best practices in sourcing and contract management.
Main duties will involve:
- managing the bid process and negotiating purchases of gas and electricity for CANPACK’s plants in Poland, coordinating negotiations as well as evaluating energy provider options pursued by local buyers in all plants groupwide,
- supporting the process of implementation, certification and verification according to the European Energy Efficiency Directive,
- optimizing the suppliers’ base,
- monitoring energy supply contracts to ensure their proper performance in CANPACK’s plants in Poland and globally which will involve cooperation with local buyers,
- providing expertise and advice regarding new approaches dedicated to sourcing and contract management as well as guidance on compliance with relevant companies and public sector policies and procedures,
- working closely with people from various business functions and operations, developing plans to support their needs at the lowest overall cost,
- ensuring expertise in specified natural gas and electric power markets in Poland, as well as understanding energy market trends and gaining and following legislation, regulation & energy outlook for energy procurement on global market, where necessary in cooperation with local buyers or external experts,
- involvement in the gas and energy hedging process by preparation of justification and recommendations in accordance with the company’s risk management policy: being an expert who has knowledge about real-time pricing, energy trading and risk management (knowledge of a range of volatile risks and their effects on the Polish market and, if needed, in future in other countries),
- researching and recommending alternative energy sources or renewable energy – globally, working closely with the Sustainability Director and plants to support the implementation of the company’s sustainability strategy.
To apply for this position, please send your application (CV) in English using the apply button.
Please kindly note we will contact only selected candidates.