Printing Preparation Technician
A vacancy has arisen for a Printing preparation Technician working on a rotating shift pattern 8am-8pm, 8pm-8am.
The duties of this post include:
- Receiving and checking graphics in digital format – LEN files
- Converting the graphics files into printing plates, operating Laser Spark eroding equipment, UV image setting equipment and AquaFlex plate washer
- Issuing of printing plates to the Production department in line with the production plan
- Receiving and checking used printing plates
- Issuing of inks to the Production department
- Recording ink use
- Production of master samples.
- Supporting new label approvals
- Any other duties as per job description
The successful candidate must:
- A qualification in Graphics or related subject.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (Excel, Word etc.)
- Working knowledge of graphics programmes (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator etc.)
- Good colour perception and eye for detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and follow specifications.
This position involves shift work and offers a pay rate commensurate with experience. The Company operates a pension scheme and a generous bonus scheme of 10%of your quarterly earnings. Additional to basic, shift allowance is £1.50 per hour (inc in salary), overtime is paid at time and a half and above statutory holiday. Working on a rotating shift pattern 8am-8pm, 8pm-8am.