CANPACK Group has been operating in the metal packaging market for over 25 years. During this period, the company has become a leading manufacturer in the beverage packaging industry in Central and Eastern Europe, constantly strengthening its market position in Western Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. CANPACK Group operates 25 plants and presently employs over 6,500 people worldwide with its annual sales that exceed $ 1.7 billion.
CANPACK considers the people - our dedicated, experienced and highly skilled employees - as the greatest asset to the company. This is why we strive to recognize the needs of our employees to ensure that they are happy not only in their role but especially in their work environment. We are determined to offer our employees the best opportunities to develop and progress especially by participation in international projects. We make every effort so that our employees feel part of our organization and its success.
For our Headquarters in Krakow we are looking for:
Senior IT Project Manager
Under general direction of the Global IT Portfolio and Project Management Director, the IT Project Manager is accountable for delivering the intended business value of technology investments in a timely manner, within budget and per stakeholder requirements and expectations. He/she is responsible for controlling all aspects of assigned projects per company policies and procedures from initiation through final implementation.
- Managing and controlling projects that are complex, cross-functional and strategic in nature
- Ensuring that intended business benefits of assigned projects are delivered in a timely manner, within budget and per stakeholder expectations and requirements
- Documenting and tracking key information such as project objectives, assumptions, issues, risks, milestones, success criteria, and in/out of scope deliverables
- Creating the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), documenting tasks, identifying dependencies, developing and managing the milestone/task schedule and estimating project labor and non-labor costs.
- Managing scope changes, publishing clear and concise status communications, ensuring high quality deliverables and consistently satisfying expectations and requirements
- Motivating and assisting team members, organizing task assignments, facilitating team meetings, negotiating desired outcomes, balancing the needs of Business and IT stakeholders and ensuring high quality processes and deliverables
- Contributing and adhering to IT policies and procedures including but not limited to Project Management, QA, SDLC, Business Readiness, Operations & Support, and Information Security
- Recommending solutions to address identified issues or problems
- Partnering with business and IT stakeholders to identify and prioritize opportunities to maximize business value and achieve the business goals
- Mentoring IT project managers and other staff members as needed
- Incorporating organizational change management (OCM) best practices into project scope and schedules as needed